Thursday, January 8, 2009

Potty training boot camp!

So we have tried many times before to potty train Samarrah, ut she was so resistant and it was so frustrating to me that we aborted the mission. She will be three Feb. 2 and I was determined to potty trai her before them. Samarrah is extremely smart, for months she has known how to go on the potty, but she has always refused, so we knew it would have to be on her time, when she wants, so this week I decided to give it another try, Mon and Tues she was a little hesitant, but by Tuesday night she was going all by herself.

Then yesterday she switched from the little potty to the big kid potty, and she loves it. She has been going all day and we even walked to the park wthout a diaper. We are so proud of her, and I can't believe I have a potty trained child. It should be an adventure, I will now have to scope out the bathroom every where we go. On another note, this morning at ablout 6:45 I wake up to Samarrah screaming this does not usually happen so I ran in their to get her before she woke up Ayo, I open their door thinking Samarrah has seriously injured herself and she says to me, "Mommy I want some cookies" What the......You do not scream bloody murder at 6:45 and then ask for a cookie. That one definetly keeps me on my toes.

5 comments:

craftyashley said...

LOL Congrats on only having to diaper one child! She sounds like quite the character. If it's any consolation, I was woken up at 6:00- for no good reason, the girls just wanted to be awake. Dang.
Let me know how having a potty trained kid is. I hate public restrooms. There isn't enough Purell in the world for those bathrooms! Good luck! It should be quite the adventure.

Katie and Victor said...

She is so funny..... I am glad that you had better luck this time with potty training. That is definitely one thing I am not looking forward to with Maelyn.

Lana and Micah said...

YaY, I'm so glad to have found your blog! And your beautiful 2 kids...OMG, how time flies. I will be checking back often for updates :0) Take Care you guys!

Norby Family said...

The cookie thing is hilarious. Yesterday Blake woke up bright and early and started demanding "sacrament bread". He doesn't eat bread but apparently that morning he HAD to have it. Kids.

Telsha Winger & fam said...

Awesome that she is potty trained. I have no idea how to even attempt that one. Glad I have a little bit longer. That is hilarious about the cookie screaming incident. Not so funny when you think something is wrong but that early in the morning NEEDING cookies, sounds like my kind of girl;) haha