Monday, October 4, 2010

Proud to be an American


October 1st has always been celebrated in our home, it is Nigerian Independence day. This year we celebrated a little differently, me and Prince headed to the Federal Courthouse were he was sworn in as a US citizen. It was a very emotional experience. There were 63 people sworn in during his ceremony, but there were many ceremonies that day. They asked for two volunteers to speak in the courtroom in front of the judge and all of those being sworn in and their guests, Prince volunteered and I was so proud of him. We lost Prince's younger brother last Sunday, it was very sudden and has been a very emotionaal time for our family. He spoke with the Spirit, and I know his brother is so proud of him. His brother knew about the ceremony and was so excited for him. Everyone in the courtroom felt such a strong spirit and gave him a standing ovation. It is an amazing ceremony to witness, most of these people have worked so hard for something we are given when we are born and most take for granted. I am so proud of my husband. He is such a strong faithful righteous hardworking man, I know we can do anything together. We were threatened with our lives :) if we took pictures or video during the ceremony, I wish I could have recorded his speech, but here are some pictures after the ceremony and with the Judge. That night my parents and sisters came over and we had an American party for Prince. My mom blinged him out pretty well :)




Our first picture as an American family!

2 comments:

Telsha Winger & fam said...

Congratulations! What an incredible thing! I'm so sorry to hear about Prince's brother.

RazakFamily said...

CONGRATS to Prince!!!!!
So sorry about your brother, prince...but he's in a better place!
What an amazing moment for your family.....we are looking forward to when we can start thinking about that, too!
Love you all!