Monday, October 6, 2008

Conference Oct. '08

So we just got back from our bi-annual trip to conference. We had a blast! On Friday we went to Byu so Prince could meet with some people about the application process for the school of social work masters program. He got a lot of information, and was able to meet many people and let them know who he is face to face. While Prince was at his meeting me and the kids hung out with Melany (the cutest coed on campus). It was crazy busy on campus and I probably ran over like 20 people with my stroller. It was fun to be there and think that this could possibly be our future. After 4 hours on campus we went to Melany's apartment and just chillaxed for awhile and then went to dinner with my bestest friend from college Crystal. It was so much fun to see her and catch up. After dinner we traveled onto Salt Lake to our hotel. The kids were so tired they crashed. On Saturday Melany came to S.L. to hang out with me and the kids while Prince finished translating President Monsons talk. We busted out the umbrellas,(it rained all day) and headed out to temple square. There was no one there and the kids had a blast. After the usual stops at the J.S. memorial building, deseret book and the food court we took the kids back to the hotel and all took naps. That night we went to the gateway for dinner and then, of course, off to IKEA. I could definetly live there! So on Sunday Prince translated for both sessions so me and Melany hung out with the kiddos. It was crazy on Temple Square, there were people video taping Samarrah and Ayo, and people trying to take there pictures without us seeing them, and then those who asked to take pictures with our children, I couldn't believe it! Samarrah and Ayo are pretty shy, and so they refused to smile in any of the above said pictures, but now our not smiling kids will be in scrapbooks all over the world! That night we were able to go out dinner with our good friends, (they are pretty much family) the Ojo's it was a blast. It was such a great experience, the kids were amazing we did just enough to keep us busy, but not to much that it drives me crazy. It was great to be there and feel the Spirit. I am so grateful for an amazing prophet and loving apostles who care so much about us. I posted some of my favorite pictures below and added a slide with all of my other favorites, (so there are so many, but I just could not choose.)

2 comments:

Alyson said...

You have the most aadorable pictures!!!! I'm sad that I wasn't there with you guys...but maybe one day we can both go with our families:) P.S. Ayo looks like a little British missionary!

Lucia said...

Kelly!! I'm sad we didn't get to hang out- I totally would have crashed your IKEA trip! We were CRAZY busy since brooklyn's birthday was sunday. We were at temple square briefly during priesthood session but that was pretty much it. The rest of the time we were having miniature birthday festivities with jason's family or just EATING! I was wishing I had brought your phone number though because you would love jason's mom and sister! Glad you had fun!!