Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Whole lot of Not Much...

So I do not often just write about happenings in our lives, because there really isn't that much happening, and I am not a huge fan of typing novels, but I have noticed a trend, yesterday a lady at the park told me if I ever wanted to give my kids away she would take them, and it got me thinking, this is the second time someone has said this to me. We often get told how beautiful our children are, but holy cow who says that. Being the white girl that I am and having "afro" babies as I call them, I get a lot of looks. Sometimes they are dirty looks, which hurt my heart, because to me my children are the most precious angels, sometimes people look confused and I can tell they want to ask me something, and then there are the people who ask me if they are mine, I really do not mind this, because I would probably want to ask me too, but I did have one guy ask me where I got them! Every time we leave the house it is a new adventure. Yesterday we had two people tell us our children should be kid models, and I would do it if I thought they would like it, but I don't know. We have had people take pictures of our kids, and take pictures with our kids, it cracks us up. I am so grateful they are mine, and that they look the way they do. I know that there will be times as they grow older that people will be cruel, but to me they are royalty, children of God! Here are a few fun pictures of our week. I hope all of you Children of God have a great Day!!! REMEMBER ---GOD LOVES YOU!!!

We put a moisturizing wrap on Samarrah's hair and then wrapped it in Saran wrap, it was hilarious!!

These are pictures I took to make daddy pillows for the kids for Christmas. They turned out really cute.


Shoroye Smiles...

9 comments:

Melany said...

Dear Kelly,
I do NOT want your kids. They look cute, but underneath... Anyway, awesome picks. I think your kids would love being models, especially the highly emotional one. After all, its all about her anyway. And that picture of Ayo on the bed screams model. Plus they have cool names. It's like Tinka. See, all in the bag sista-friend.

Lindzie said...

I think your daughter is beautiful and people need to chill about giving you weird looks! :)

craftyashley said...

Wow I've never heard of anyone wanting to take pictures with random kids... and I get a lot of weird stuff! People are crazy. But you do have two adorable kids! I've thought about venturing into the world of modeling with my kids. But I'm worried I'd be a stage-mom like those crazy investigative pieces. I just want the twins to have a college fund! And if their cuteness could fund it, great! I know I probably won't be able to fund it! LOL

Telsha Winger & fam said...

:) That is quite the experience, can't say I've had that one. I guess it keeps ya on your toes and thinking most of the time huh? They are beautiful though. I love the pic of Samarrah in her head wrap;) She looks like she's been at the beauty shop. Good idea with the seran warp I've never heard of that. :)

lacie tidwell said...

Your kids are absolutely beautiful! People are crazy- it's sad:( Anyhow, your kids could be little models- they are very photogenic!

Lucia said...

Dito and dito. We've only had one time where someone was cruel, and actually obscene, but they were also obviously not taught any better. Luckily the kids were too little to understand any of it, but if it happened now, I might bust a freak-out on some people's children, and some children's parents.
Ok- enough of that. I want to hear more about your moisturizing hair wrap.

Anonymous said...

You are such a good person Kel, I hope I can be like you someday.

Alyson said...

I have told you I will be your bodyguard to take care of all the insensitive, ignorant blockheads out there, but then again I would like to see Sam and Ayo take 'em on themselves, bust a little baby ninja in them... You have taught them well and you are a fantabulous Mamma!!!

ash and jay said...

Hi Kelly,

It's so great to finally catch up on your beautiful family. Your children are both so gorgeous. Your post made me laugh because my good friend has a cute mix baby and whenever she goes out of the house people make a comment about her hair. Most people LOVE her tight, black curls. But, black women comment that she needs to put oil in her hair for moisturizing. My friend doesn't know what to do (white girl w/ pale skin and straight hair.) What do you guys do?

my email is ashleysolis95@gmail.com